Sunday, August 01, 2004

Bullshit

Dear Baby,

It is now August 1, and I will be charging you rent from here on in. I sent you your notice of eviction, you were clearly informed that these premises were to be vacated as of July 31. This is Bullshit.

Sincerely,
Yo Mamma

So, I have been in labor now for well over 32 hours and nothing is changing. I mean, the contractions are stronger than they were yesterday, WAY stronger as a matter of fact, but nothing has become regular. Its like I have an hour or so of contractions 5 min apart, and then 2 hours of contractions 10 min apart. This is SO not how they tell you its going to go. The Catholic Guilt in me says maybe its my penance for having such a smooth pregnancy. At this point, I would be happy to reach in there and pull her out myself if I thought it would work. And if I was not against being induced, I would totally opt for an IV full of pitocin and just shoot her out, but.... that is not the path we will be taking. At least not yet, but maybe you should ask me if I feel the same tomorrow.

Soon I may resort to drastic measures to see if I can't get her to move it on out.

In Other News:

Frankly there is no other news. To top all this off, not only do my contractions slow down every time I sit, its the weekend so I can't even watch General Hospital. Damnit.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been more of a "Days Of Our Lives" kinda guy, but I can feel your pain. (Well, not really... Thank God. Besides being the beneficiary of salary inequity and other gender discrimination, guys also never have labor pains.)

But buck up kid, you have a whole lifetime of torturing your kid ahead of you. "I was in labor for 48 hours with you and you can't even finish your milk?"

mfdc

8:34 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I agree with MFDC. This time of waiting, or what they called "laying in" waaaaay back in the day, could best be spent plotting intricate but efficient forms of revenge. And at least one plot should include cold Cheez Whiz.

Anyway, I am thinking about you and sending out good, speedy vibes.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

FYI, Dao's at the hospital trying to get this damn baby out... Let ya'll know when I hear more. She started dialating, but was only about 3 cm about 4 hours ago... I haven't heard anything since.

C'mon Ellie Bean!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hooray! Do keep us informed!

12:29 PM  
Blogger JSauce said...

YAY!!! Go Ellie, go Ellie...it's your birthday, get busy. WOooooooo

12:35 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

WELL??

10:52 AM  
Blogger JSauce said...

Ellie Bean is here!

Born August 3rd @ 2:18am, 8lbs I think 14oz, 20 inches, brown hair, blue eyes.

YAAAAY!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Dayum! That kid is punctual!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Yes, very punctual. She must've gotten that from her dad. YAY DAO! You're the baby making champion of the universe!

-Auntie Mombi

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here comes another Carter. I mean that as a good thing since I happen to love Carters. Jimmy Carter is sweet (at least now), Nel Carter is even sweeter and Elliot Rose is the sweetest Carter yet!

-Jus

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home