Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ghetto Birds

Living in Los Angeles comes with many ups and downs. Most of the downs however, have all but disappeared since I have gone on Maternity leave. One of the major downs though still reigns supreme, and I am SO over it. Ghetto birds be damned. I do not care that you are tracking numerous perps down in the dark of night, or following the 50,000 car chases on these packed LA freeways, I want my life to be free of your thunder. I suppose the 1 good thing about it is that sweet Elliott will be able to sleep through a tornado should we move back to the midwest. Or should I say when we move back to the midwest. As long as we can find a place free of choppers, and does not have the quaint "TJ" feel of our current surroundings... and maybe, just maybe, there are some flat, tree-lined, garbage free streets to walk down, it may lead us there sooner rather than later.

Yes, we have re-opened the Chicago File.

In Other News:

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of The Ultimate Baby Sling, which I ordered from Amazon.com yesterday. Elliott has some days where just putting her down seems to make her cranky, and I have decided that yielding the stroller and infant carrier down all the flights of stairs to get not only out of our building, but down to the sidewalk is not work the aggravation just to take a walk around the block. So, Ultimate Baby Sling, you better hold up to your hype, as I need to get out in the sun and get walking before the daylight fades away.

TNT broke my heart today when I finally realized the way they are able to run SO MANY episodes of Law & Order. They repeat the night eps the following morning! I mean, for real people, some of us are home ALL DAY LONG and refuse to watch the daytime talk shows. At least mix the seasons up a bit. There's like 15 of them to work off of. Who gets these jobs anyway?

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Blogger JSauce said...

Yeah. I feel ya there. There I was, in my quiet, breezy backyard, getting some fresh evening air. Next thing you know, a Ghetto Bird is blaring overhead, complete with searchlights!! Way to make a girl feel comfortable.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm a day behind on this information and my head just exploded.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home