Sunday, August 29, 2004

Growing Pains

Yes, we are doing some growth here at the Carter Compound. Elliott has had more than a few days now of near-constant feedings, and when I say that, that is exactly what I mean. She's been hitting the boob on average almost every 1 1/2 hours during the day. At least she is still getting near 3 1/2 hours between feedings at night. This makes for a sore and tired Momma however. I am taking her in this week for another weigh-in to make sure that she is not going to be the next US Sumo Wrestler. Fer thinks she wants to be a toddler by the end of the month. She is well on her way.

I have also been going through my own growing pains. Seems that becoming a Momma is not an overnight happening. I have to like, get used to my life being on someone else's schedule and shit for the next 20-some-odd-years. Wait, isn't that Russell Crowe's Band name? I digress. My dad says that having kids is a great thing to do if you don't have plans for the next 20 years. Good thing I have just been fumbling around looking for something to occupy my time up till now. I think I found it. LOL.

In Other News:

The new Twilight Singers CD is out. I am going to try my luck this week with Ellie at Amoeba so that I can pick it up. I am super excited about all the new music coming out this fall, since it seems that going to movies may not be on my list of action items, at least I can stay somewhat in the scene of things with new CDs. Word.

I am settling into the knowledge that with baby comes some things I am going to miss out on. Like Fer's shows. That is the strangest of all the new things to get used to for me, because up till now, I never miss a show unless I am out of town, or he is on tour. I think cutting back on my Netflix membership was a tad premature, since I have a feeling there will be a lot of feeding time on my hands in the near future.

-over and out-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home