Sunday, November 07, 2004

I like pie...

Man oh man, in true Sunday family dinner style Chet and Debbie had us (fer, me and little bean) over for dinner. Complete with multi-berry pie a'la mode. And you KNOW how I love my a'la mode. I have been thinking for a few days that I need to cut back on the sweets since KatoChanel came over to the new pad and in her most motherly of tones barked, "You NEED to stop eating sugar. You KNOW its not good for Elliott." Well, in a perfect world I WOULD stop eating sugar, but you see, I LOVE it, and everything in moderation is fine. For christs sake, I don't smoke anymore... leave me the sugar! LMAO. And Ellie told me today, she loves the sugar too and she wants her Momma to be Happy, so, sugar it is. Besides, if it was soooo bad, god would have made pie the forbidden fruit, not some mealey apple.

So, thanks J&D for the good food, company, and most importantly, the pie.

In Other News:

Unpacking and moving in has been going GREAT. Seriously. My family wins the MVP award for coming over almost every day and helping us unpack and set things up. And they even ask me where I want things to go rather than just putting it all away! (if you kow my family, then you know that this is an amazing thing)

I love this new city and I feel totally at home here. This morning we got lightly bundled up, walked to the lake from our place and enjoyed the sunny crisp fall day. Even Ellie was all... "MOM, I LOVE this new beautiful place with all the colors and the clean air! Thank you for bringing me here."

PS: Yin-dy, Seriously, you will love it here. I suggest you start packing in advance so that it does not creep up on you when its time to relocate. Grandy, if only you could see what I see. I miss you.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cassie jane wants to see the new place and the carter clan. email pix! and new info. XXXOOO!!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Miss Bean is getting Christmas early! I bought some "Midwestern" clothes today and I've been snowsuit shopping quite a bit. I'll drop the clothes in the mail, probably find on a snowsuit before Thanksgiving.

YAY FOR CHICAGO! YAY FOR BABY ELLIE!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home