Monday, October 18, 2004

It's the final countdown

So, 8 days and counting. Elliott and I will get on a plane with my mom and head across this great country for our new home. I am so excited, that the only thing that keeps me from bursting at the seams is pure exhaustion. Mombi came out for her Birthday weekend and helped us pack it in. She and Grandy were quite the tag team duo and I was sad to see her go. That and the crying at the airport (what is with this family?!?! There's no crying! There's no crying in Baseball!) Anyway, it was a great success and we are very close to being finished and ready for the big ass truck to be parked out front. Now, how we are going to get all this in the truck is another matter all together, but I am putting that part of the logistics into Fer's manly hands.

We had our going away party this weekend, and true to form, it was a Kegger. And, I am proud to admit, that indeed everyone still knows how to throw down and hold their punch as when we emptied the keg the next morning, there were only 2 glasses worth of beer left. Perfect. I still maintain that as the final day creeps closer, I am not sad to see LA go, as I am to leave my friends. Thanks for coming and hanging out this weekend you guys... Much love.

In Other News:

Elliott is a wee thing! Today's last check-up with Dr. S (11 weeks) marked her as 10lbs, 10 oz. Still the 25% for weight and she is in the 75% for height (at 23 in). I still can't believe that at almost 3 months she weighs less than my sister did at birth. WTF. I am adjusting to this life of having a wee daughter, but its super cute! I guess I will just have to make sure that I bundle her up super tight for this Chicago winter and when she emerges in the spring she will be a little butterfly. Isn't that how it works? LOL.

-over and out-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, Cardboard factories smell like cheese. Who would have ever guessed that...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Zaina Marie said...

Be careful with the moving truck...I remember a very funny story:)
Good luck in your new home!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home