Sunday, January 09, 2005

I love me some Boyfriends

Tivo is the best thing on earth because now, when one of my boyfriends is on TV i do not have to miss it. Even if it happens to be at a conflicting time, or after I have gone to bed. From Bam Margera (Viva La Bam) to Vince Vaughn or even Joaquin Phoenix, i can catch up with all my boyfriends whenever I want.

But, even with Tivo, and a genius baby who is already scooting her butt around trying to crawl, I still find things that make me wish I was in LA. Case in point:

One of my greatest regrets about leaving LA is no more Twilight Singers/whatever project Greg Dulli wants to be part of, shows whenever the mood strikes. They have shows booked for Feb. at Spaceland... the club that was within walking distance from our old apartment in LA. I mean, they still make it to Chicago every once and again, but the great thing about LA was that all the apathy carried over to the music scene and therefore, unless you were going to see someone that was over the top popular, you could ALWAYS find a way in. And I always did. The only show that I missed was the one we were standing outside of on the day I found out I was pregnant, and for once, for the first time really, going to see a band was not the priority. Other than that, I missed none.

And now they are playing again. Oh well, I will have to let my TV boyfriends be enough for now, and hope they come and play a show in Chicago soon. ;-)

In Other News:

Congrats to Chetty and Debbie, the newlyweds who braved Ireland's 1st tornado in recorded history to be wed in a magnificant castle. Welcome home.

Week 2 is upon us with Fer's job and me in the land of babies. My grandma Q is headed for surgery soon and its gonna be tough. There are many people around me that could use some prayer and love from the universe these days.... so, if you are out there and thinkin' good thoughts, send some this way.

tonight, it must be said, you know I love you all.

-over and out-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home