Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gettin it done...

Tonight there was a laundry list of things to do for the impending holiday.... laundry, cleaning, organizing, finding recipes, baking cookies, and then I wanted to color my hair. You know, gotta have a fresh 'do in all those fine holiday photos I know my mother will be taking. ;) (j/k, ya know i love ya ma).

Anywhoo.... I was in the bathroom getting the needed hair coloring accessories together, Frankie being freshly put to bed. Fer & Elliott were just settling in to watch Elle's newly acquired Muppet Movie (courtesy of margie!) and little miss franklin mint carter started to have a glorious meltdown. Kris and Elliott heard said meltdown on the monitor and I could hear Elle's stompy-stomp feet (which she inherited from her father) on the stairs.....

Does she rush into her sister's room to assess the situation and aide her in drifting off to a good night's sleep? Not a chance! She throws open the bathroom door and shouts:

"Mommy! I found this pom (pacifer) downstairs! Daddy said I could bring it up to Frankie and give it to her so she can sleep! It is THE GREATEST BIG GIRL THING I HAVE EVER DONE SO FAR!"

and off she went.

Did Frankie calm down and fall asleep soundly after the visit from her sister? I think not. I went in to see what the problem was and Elle had left the nightlight on, which is an absolute no-no if you want FJ to EVER fall asleep. Kris meets me upstairs, hip to the nightlight situation from elle, who apparently "couldn't turn the light out, Frankie would be too scared of the dark."

That first born I have?... that is one freaking tender-hearted little kid. She must get that from her father.

In other news:
1 mister Ed Hamell aka Hamell on Trial was here all weekend... hanging, recording.... regrouping. I have a million things i could tell you about from the weekend, but I need to gather my thoughts to do so, and frankly, these Brandy Alexanders Wayne sent to us have those thoughts a little foggy right about now, so I'll get back at'cha.

-over and out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

It's the thought that counts, yo...give the girl some credit :D

Glad to know that even remnants that I leave cause Frankie pains. I'll have to try to hone that talent and see if it works on people over 1 year old :)

Merry Christmas!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home