Thursday, July 01, 2010

You wanna know about Vomit? I gotcha, covered in it...

Carter Clan family vacation, June/July 2010:

Here's the trip in numbers so far:

Its week 1 of 2 1/2, and we have had nothing but insanity and barfing so far. Tomorrow we will embark on a road trip to San Jose/San Fran for the July 4th weekend, and it will be interesting to see how these barfing adventures continue to develop.

~ 1 trip to the Dr (FJ) for a severe fever & rash that turned out to be a virus. Thank god we maintained a friendship with the Dr that delivered Elliott, because what do you do in situations like that on vacation? Go to the hospital? good lord, that sounds AWESOME, sign me up.
~2 kids that get carsick, and the virus that included vomiting equals:
~5, the number of times Kris has been barfed on. And all i know is: I am super good at cleaning up vomit. however, barf ON me and watch my head explode. So he had to take a few for the team... well..... I'm a stay at home mom, so I guess for right now, maybe we are even. LOL
~ 6, the number of barfing adventures so far. Elliott can only be blamed for 1 of them, as we stopped and got her out of the car in time to prevent an additional 3 other episodes thus far. I am not even sure I have enough barf bags to cover us for the rate of vomit happening around here. I swiped every barf bag in reach on both flights it took for us to reach this destination, and i am thinking I may have to try and raid a plane when i take the rental car back to the airport next week. This is insane... do they sell barf bags to the general public? Oh excuse me, Personal Sickness Bag. That better?

All in all, despite all the scrambling for little white airline sickness bags like a frantic crack addict searching for that last little white rock, this trip so far has been, (dare I say it) relaxing, and I actually feel like I am on vacation. At moments I wonder why i moved from here in the 1st place, and then I see the reminders of a few thousand too many people living in this city, and I hit mid-afternoon traffic that equals the level of the Akron-Cleveland rush hour commute and I think..... ahhhhh. Riiight. Painful. And more barfing.

Seriously, if I lived here with kids I would literally NEVER be able to go anywhere unless we drove there at 1pm, returned home at 9pm and NEVER HAD TO TAKE THE 405.

In Other News:

Quite a few people have been asking me about this blog, if I still write, what I am going to do with all this. And I think yesterday, with the help of the brainstorming of my super gal-pal Jayka, and my home girl Yucca, I have a plan. And the plan may include a book. And that book may, most likely be titled: I Will Not Harm You, But I Will Harm Everything That Brings You Comfort.

Because, while navigating this thing called parenting, it's always helpful to be just crazy enough. Am I right? LOL.

Would YOU buy it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home